Pinterest

Monday, March 4, 2013

Cajun Shrimp & Couscous

First, I am sorry that I have not been able to post for at least a week now!  It has been a crazy for me in the past week, but all good things!  Last Wednesday was my fiance's birthday and he wanted shrimp.  So, like most of you, I took to Pinterest to find a recipe.  I liked the Paula Dean Fiery Cajun Shrimp recipe, however, did not want to use two sticks of butter!  Instead of using the sticks of butter, I used coconut butter.  Coconut butter and oil have many health benefits and are better for you than butter.  (here are some health benefits).  The coconut flavor does come through a tiny bit in the food, but for this recipe I think it works well.  I paired the shrimp with Pine Nut Near East Couscous.  This was a quick, easy and flavorful dish.  I hope you enjoy!!

Serving Size: 2 hungry people
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 12 minutes


Ingredients:

1 lb cleaned up shrimp (purchased mine at Whole Foods, not frozen)
1 cup coconut butter, melted (about 15 seconds on high in microwave)
2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
2 tsp fresh ground pepper
2 tbsp hot sauce (can use less if you do not like spice)
2 cloves garlic
1 lemon, thinly sliced


Directions:

Preheat oven to 400.  Combine all ingredients, but lemon slices & shrimp in a bowl.  Mix together.  Combine shrimp in mixture.  Lay shrimp in pan and add lemon slices.  Bake in oven for about 12 minutes.


No comments:

Post a Comment