Pinterest

Sunday, March 10, 2013

Quick 7 Ingredient Coconut & Curry Turkey Chili

On Thursday I found myself trapped in a day long of very exciting enrollment meetings.  Yes, I am being sarcastic.  While the medical carrier went on and on and on about deductibles, copays and other things no one in the audience and most of you reading this understand, I was on Pinterest dreaming about what I wanted to eat for dinner! :)  I knew I had ground turkey at home that needed to be cooked, so I was hoping to find a recipe using that.  I remembered I had recently pinned something that sounded very interesting to me.  Coconut + curry + turkey = chili.  Hmm.  Lets give it a try!  

The recipe comes from The Gracious Pantry.  It is SO EASY!  I left my meetings at 4:30 and was 45 miles from my house!  If you live in LA or have visited, you know this is a death sentence.  Luckily, I was able to navigate myself to the store by 5:50 and home by 6:10.  Anyway, the point I am making here is I was tired from the long day and found this really enjoyable and most importantly filling.  

Enjoy!



Prep Time: as long as it takes you to cut up onion!
Cook Time: about 20 minutes

Ingredients:
  • Package of ground turkey
  • 1 tbsp EVOO
  • 2 (15 ounce) cans tomato sauce
  • 1 lb green peas
  • 1/2 large red onion, chopped
  • 1 tbsp curry powder
  • 1 (15 ounce) can light coconut milk (It took me forever to find this in the store, it is by the Thai food/ethnic section in my store)
Directions:
  1. In a large pot, cook the turkey with the EVOO.  When the turkey is no longer pink, I poured out the fat.  (The recipe I used did not)  
  2. Once the turkey is cooking combine the next 5 ingredients into the pot, mix together and cover.  I had the chili on medium heat for 15 minutes.  It will be piping hot so let cool before you try :)


No comments:

Post a Comment