Total Time: 1 1/2 hours (meat marinates for an hour)
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp sugar (I used coconut sugar as a healthier alternative)
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp EVOO (calls for vegetable oil but I always use EVOO)
- 1 1/2 lbs meat, cut into thin strips (I find using kitchen scissors is the easiest)
- 1/2 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tbsp dark brown sugar
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp flour (I used spelt as it is healthier)
- 3 tbps EVOO
- 2 heads broccoli (I used 1 microwaveable bag from store)
Whisk together meat marinade ingredients. Toss in meat, cover and place in refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
Prepare sauce by mixing together the soy sauce, brown sugar, garlic and flour.
In a saute pan, heat 2 tbsp EVOO (or vegetable oil) over high heat. Add broccoli and saute 3 minutes, stirring often. If you have a gas range, I would turn the temperature down a little bit (I do have gas and found it was better a little lower). Transfer broccoli to plate.
Reduce heat to medium or medium high. Add remaining tbsp of EVOO and then add the marinated meat and half the sauce. Saute for 3 to 4 minutes, stirring frequently, until the meat is no long pink. Stir in the broccoli and remaining sauce and let cook for 1 minutes.