Pinterest

Friday, February 22, 2013

Balsamic Tomato, Basil & Mozzarella Quinoa Salad

A few years ago I would have not eaten tomatoes.  It is funny how your taste buds change over time, or maybe you just become less picky.  Regardless, this recipe combines some of my favorite ingredients!  The basil provides a fresh flavor that when combined with the tomato and creamy mozzarella is heavenly.  I paired this salad with a protein for my fiance, but I just ate this as my dinner.

I hope you enjoy this as much as I did! :)


Ingredients:

1 cup uncooked quinoa
10 oz package cherry tomatoes, quartered
8 oz fresh mozzarella, cut into bite size pieces
15 to 20 basil leaves, cut into thin pieces
1 1/2 tbsp quality balsamic vinegar
1/2 tbsp EVOO
1 tsp 21 season solute (Trader Joe's spice)

Directions:

Cook quinoa according to directions on package.  Once done, let sit to cool.  While quinoa is cooking, prepare your other ingredients.  Once quinoa is cooled (about 30 minutes), combine all ingredients into large bowl.  Mix in spices, balsamic vinegar and EVOO.  Refrigerate for 30 minutes.  Serve cold.

Enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment