Pinterest

Friday, February 8, 2013

200 Calorie Spaghetti

Do you love spaghetti but hate the carbs?  I avoid Italian food in general because of the carbs and fat in all of the food (generally).  But, when I do want some spaghetti I go for Shirataki noodles, which are tofu noodles.  You can find them at your grocery store in the refrigerated section.  I have found them with the tofu products and by the  ravioli/tortellini pastas.  I chose to make my own pasta sauce by roasting the tomatoes. But, when I am in a hurry I just use a good jar sauce.  You can have a yummy meal in less than 5 minutes if you jar sauce!  Not to mention VERY healthy with 200 calories and 30 g carbs. 



Servings: 1 LARGE portion
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hr and 15 minutes

Ingredients:
1 package Shirataki noodles
2 cups halved tomatoes
2 garlic cloves
1 tbsp EVOO
1/2 tbsp Italian seasoning 
5 to 8 basil leaves
1 oz feta cheese 

Cut tomatoes hot dog way.  Put into bowl with EVOO and seasoning.  Place cut side up on parchment lined baking sheet along with garlic cloves.  Bake for 1 hour at 260 degrees.  

When the tomatoes are almost done, rinse noodles and cook according to package.  I recommend using kitchen scissors to cut the noodles while they are in the pan.

When tomatoes are done place into blender or food processor and puree.  Place noodles, sauce, basil and feta into bowl.

Bon Appetite! 



No comments:

Post a Comment