Pinterest

Thursday, February 7, 2013

Momma Susie's 6 Ingredient Peppered Steak

Lately, I have been craving some of my favorite dishes from my childhood.  I was very lucky to grow up with a mother that had a home cooked meal on the table every night.  It was nice to sit with my family at dinner time and share a delicious meal and talk about our days; I look forward to this tradition with my own family.  Last night I made one of my favorite dishes, peppered steak.  My mom always served it over rice, but I chose quinoa (it is always my substitution for rice).  I hope you enjoy this dish as much as we did!

Servings: 4
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes

Ingredients:
1 to 1 1/2 lbs of round steak
1 pepper
1 can fat free cream of celery soup
3/4 can water
1 tbsp Kitchen Bouquet
1/2 cup uncooked quinoa
Pepper

In large skillet, cut up round steak into strips.  Set timer for 30 minutes.  Brown for a few minutes on medium heat.  Add can of soup.
 
Let cook a few more minutes.  Then using cream of celery can, fill 3/4 full with water and pour into skillet.  Mix well.  Start quinoa according to directions on package.
Cover skillet and let simmer.  While simmering, cut up your pepper.  Make sure to stir every few minutes to prevent any sticking.  When there are about 15 minutes left, add Kitchen Bouquet.  If you want it darker, you can add more.  I also added some pepper.  With 5 minutes left add pepper, cover and let simmer to thicken.

Once it is done serve over quinoa :)

No comments:

Post a Comment